Cost: $20.00 per student
Type: Range Instruction & Live Fire
— Recommended age: 7 and up
— Parents must attend with their child (no additional cost)
— Certificate of Completion from Kids Firearm Safety & Intro
This course is held at the range and covers the following:
- reviewing the 4 basic gun safety rules
- reiterating the importance of practicing these rules (by both students and parents)
- Live Fire
- reviewing trigger and muzzle discipline
- handling and carrying the firearms
- shooting from 3 different positions (offhand, kneeling, and prone)
Time permitting, this course will finish with a friendly competition to determine the session’s Top Shot (includes an award).
Each student will receive a Certification of Completion at the conclusion of the course.
Kids Safety & Intro to Firearms 2 (with Live Fire) classes are limited to 20 children.
Homework / Practice
To be useful, skills (both verbal and physical) must be practiced regularly — training should be intentional and directed at long term gains (understanding, ability, and proficiency), not short term satisfaction and success. Students who acknowledge skills development as a long term process will garner the most positive results.