Cost: Free and open to the public
Donations are always welcome!
Type: Classroom Instruction
— Recommended age: 5 and up
— Parents must attend with their child (no additional cost).
In this 1-hour classroom setting, instruction focuses on:
- 4 basic safety rules when no adult is around —
talking about what children should do if a gun is seen or found
- 4 basic gun safety rules when handling firearms
- stressing the importance of practicing rules (by both students and parents)
- discussing proper handling and storage of firearms
- encouraging students and parents to start talking openly and honestly about gun safety
Each student will receive a Certification of Completion at the conclusion of the course.
Homework / Practice
Parents play a key role in developing safe practices and are ultimately responsible for the behavior and safety of their child. Lessons and concepts can be quickly forgotten if not practiced regularly. Repetition, along with with conversation, help children remember standard safety procedures.