This 4-week session is held at the range and covers the following:
- reviewing the 4 basic gun safety rules
- reiterating the importance of practicing these rules (by both students and parents)
- Live Fire
- reviewing trigger and muzzle discipline
- handling and carrying the firearms
- shooting from 3 different positions (offhand, kneeling, and prone)
Each session progresses in skill, range, and difficulty.
Week 4 concludes with a friendly competition to determine the session’s Top Shot. Awards will be issued to the top two shooters in each class and age group.
Cost: $80.00 for 4-week session
$10.00 discount if payment made in full during initial registration
Type: Range Instruction, Live Fire, and Competition
— Recommended ages:
Group 1 ♦ 7 – 10
Group 2 ♦ 11 – 16
— Shooting Class:
Open ♦ semi-auto / scoped (bring your own firearm)
Stock ♦ bolt action / iron sights (available for rent @ $5 per session)*
— Parents must attend with their child (no additional cost).
— .22 LR RimFire S.A.F.E. League class sizes are limited to 15 kids each.
*Limited number of rentals available. Reservation required.